We read this story and these are the questions we had to answer during our reading activity time.
1) Dunedin was where the girl was when the war began.
2) The purpose of the siren was to check if there was a bomber plane
3) The children didn’t talk because they were scared.
4) Planes flying low would be noisy and loud.
5) The reason why they had cotton wool was to put it in their ears and the
corks were for between their teeth.
6) They had to write down what time they arrived home because they
weren’t allowed to go to school any more.